Fifty-two weeks - fifty-two spices

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Reconfiguration

Gonna try something different

I'm gonna have to make some changes.

It seems obvious that attempting to post five times a week simply isn't going to work. In the last two weeks, Benji has gotten sick, I've been sick, Victoria has been sick... and it's been really obvious how fragile my schedule is. One little bump, and I'm all of a sudden skipping a week or more.

At the same time, I'm really reluctant to make the obvious change - taking two weeks per spice, and posting Monday, Wednesday, Friday. That would allow me to increase the number of posts per spice - something I've occasionally felt I should do - while at the same time reducing the amount I'd be writing.

The reason that I'm so resistant to doing something like this is fairly personal. I prefer - I have always preferred - to set agressive goals. Right now, I have a goal of a post per day. I've rarely met that goal, but most weeks I get three or four out. Well, some weeks. What I really don't want to happen is this: To go down to a schedule that requires me to post three fifths as often, and post three fifths as often as I do now. To lower my expections, and proportionally lower what I actually achieve.

But as I said, it's obvious something needs to change, so I'm going to give this a try. I really enjoy writing this blog, and really enjoy all the great food I've been making; I hope you've been enjoying reading it. I'll finish up wasabi this week, and move on the week after. I'm not sure if this means I'm going to do twenty-six spices, retitle the blog, or simply allow the title to lapse into inaccuracy.

Every day is an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment